Looking into my workroom from the door
The sewing side
One of my main aims was to have more available floor space so I drew up a floor plan and moved things around on paper before deciding on the final layout. I also decided to remove the design wall so the room could be painted properly. With the design wall gone, there were two empty walls, so the Simply Sixteen went on one side and everything else on the other side of the room.
The quilting side
So far the layout is working well, I have a lot more room around the Simply Sixteen and don't have to squeeze myself between anything to access the power point as I did previously. Having it in this position also means I have good peripheral vision and it is less likely that I will get surprised by the Mister while I am engrossed in quilting.
I'll do another post about some of the other changes in my workroom in a day or so.