My stitching time during the weekend was mainly spent catching up with the 365 Challenge blocks although I did manage to spend a bit of time on my Goin' Uptown tote.
(the ones on the right hand side of the photo) and the blocks seemed to take longer than usual. The block for today was easy (the bottom left of the photo) it took me longer to thread the machine up than it took to stitch it. I'm hoping the next few blocks are easy ones too.
After changing threads on my machine I started on the recessed zipper pocket, I'm pleased with the way it has turned out as this was the first time with this particular technique. I didn't read the instructions properly and marked the cutting and stitching lines incorrectly on the right side of the fabric instead of the wrong side, you can just make them out on the lining fabric in the photo below. I figure that as it is inside the pocket it isn't really going to make a difference.
This fusible web from Clover has been a real help, I've used it quite a bit instead of pinning and it has made the sewing on some of the fiddly bits much easier than using pins, Clover clips or glue. It pulls apart quite easily if you need to readjust something before you stitch. I know there are other types of fusible web around but this was all I could get at the time. You just need to make sure you take the paper off before fusing :)