My first finish for the year!! Very happy with how my Goin' Uptown Tote turned out. I'm not sure if I will make another one anytime soon as it was quite hard on my hands manipulating all the layers of the bag at certain stages of the construction.
The inside of the bag, I added another pocket on the other side, after all you can never have too many pockets.
Plenty of room in here, I have my iPad, a drink bottle, my Necessary clutch and a small zip pouch in there. I could probably fit plenty more in but I'm a fan of minimal contents in my bags and I do have to carry it as well.
My phone (iPhone7) fits into either of the side pockets perfectly, there is about one inch leeway at the top and the same each side so no worries about it getting lost in there.
The bag closed up, I added a litte zipper pull, not sure if I will leave it there or put it on one of the side pockets. Instead of sewing the handles down I used Chicago Screws similar to these for fixing the handles on, if for some reason I need to change the handles then it should be an easy fix.
I gave my bag two coats of Scotchgard which will (I hope) keep it a bit cleaner. I don't think that my Necessary clutch really works with the fabrics in this bag, but I think I might have just enough of the Alison Glass and Essex linen fabric to make another one, not just yet though, I'm a bit over bag making.