Thursday, 21 September 2017

Flimsy finish

I started this Seabreeze Quilts Mystery Sampler quilt three years ago, (I really didn't think it was that long ago)  I had decided to use only fabrics from my stash for this quilt and I was using the light coloured  spot fabric in each block for continuity purposes. 


I found the blocks under some fabric stacks when I was having my declutter week, eight of them were finished and I needed to finish the other four blocks, luckily all the fabrics had been stored with the blocks so that was a start.  I found the instructions and got sewing, I ended up having to piece together some of the light coloured spot fabric so that I would have enough to use in each block. 

The blocks were all together, now I had to find enough fabric for the sashing, luckily I had enough grey fabric but I had to be careful when I did the cutting.  Using corner blocks gave me a few extra inches for the long borders, now I just have to quilt it.

6 comments:

  1. Well done for finishing it. Quite scary how time flies from when we start projects to completing them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I imagine a final sigh of accomplishment for this stage to be finished. My unfinished projects really nag me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, indeed there was a bit of a sigh, always nice to see another UFO progress.

      Delete
  3. Looks really good - the spot does bring it all together nicely. On with the quilting! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those blocks Pip. The spot ties them together nicely and the grey is fabulous with the brights too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)