I made a Butternut Squash and caramelised onion galette for our lunch today, we had it with Broccoli Slaw (again), there was almost complete silence from the Mister (although I did hear a couple of yums) as he ate, and if you know the Mister you will know that silence is rare :)
The recipe calls for Fontina cheese, but this was not available (out of season I think) so I substituted a Raclette cheese instead, although I think Gruyere would also have worked. After eating the galette I also think that Feta could be quite nice and provide a nice contrast with the sweetness of the butternut and caramelised onions.
On the sewing front I made a hanging sleeve for one of the quilts, although I have yet to attach it, I'm thinking of trying out this tutorial for sewing it on by machine instead of hand stitching it on. I'm going to attach the hanging sleeve for the red and white quilt when I put the binding on so I have set aside a piece of fabric for that. I also made a start on the many labels which are required for the quilts for the show.
I also made the second block from Amanda's Mystery Quilt Sampler, I was a bit slapdash and didn't really look at the directions properly so my block is a mirror image and my piecing isn't as accurate as it should be, never mind, finished is better than perfect as they say.
Achieved - 1 block for Mystery Quilt Sampler
mundane labels and hanging sleeves for quilt show quilts
gardening - 30 minutes - cutting back succulents