I'm still somewhat in finishitis mode, so yesterday the box that this project was stored in received a bit of an airing. All that needed to be done to move this closer to the finish line was to applique the side scallops on to the border, I did a few yesterday and finished off the remainder while I was skyping with my mother this afternoon.
My original plan was to use the same lighter blue in the corners and to applique a pink circle in each corner, but once I put it up on the design wall I didn't like that idea so decided to use the same dark blue that I used on the first border.
The Mister likes it so far and thinks I should make it large enough for a bed, I am undecided as I'm still thinking about the next round. I might do flying geese, I just need to do the sums and see if they will fit. As for colours and fabrics, I think I will stay with the reproduction type fabrics and use blues, creams and browns, with maybe a bit of pink or red thrown into the mix as well.