After that finish I worked on my panel quilt, I had decided I didn't like the original fabrics I used for the second border so I found some French General fabric that had circles suitable for fussy cutting and used that. The best part is that because my scallops aren't a full half circle I can get two scallops from each circle so there is very little waste.
I also swapped out the background fabric for the second border as well, I like this one much better. This is the third time lucky for this border as when I changed fabrics and stitched the scallops down I forgot about making sure I allowed a 1/4" seam allowance so the end scallops would have been chopped off, there was nothing for it but to employ the seam ripper and start again. They do say practise makes perfect :)
it isn't crooked, it's just my bad photo taking
I finally feel as if everything is back on a more even keel, I'm keeping up with emails, blog reading and posting, I am impressed with Anonymous, whoever they are, what a champion commenter, lucky for me the Blogger spam catcher works really well and their comments never get published. Today I will be working on getting up to date with the Grandmother's Choice, I'm four blocks behind :(