Making this quilt top has been a bit like running a marathon, although having run three marathons (albeit sometime ago) the last couple of days have made me think that I would rather run a marathon :)
I had already joined together the top left and bottom right hand corner, but as I had cut the setting triangles using the "cut a square in half method" , the edges were starting to look a bit wavy due to the bias edges. Karen from The Sewing Sanctuary suggested that I cut the triangles on the straight instead,(see here for some instructions and calculations) and even though it meant I had a bit of reverse stitching to do it was worth the effort - no wavy edges and I will definitely use this method again.
That was the least of my troubles as I had a few problems getting everything to line up exactly, in the end I decided not to be so obsessed with perfection and just get the thing finished. The quilt flimsy would have been finished last night but due to the basic error of not putting the right sides of the fabrics together on the last border I had to do some reverse stitching, I finished it off this morning and as rain was forecast there was a bit of a rush to take some quick photos outside (it hasn't rained yet)
Now I will be indulge myself and take a little time to catch up on my blog reading which has been sadly neglected the last couple of weeks, then I will go over the quilt and get rid of all the loose bits of thread etc and start making a quilt sandwich so the quilting can be started.