The millstone round my neck has gone, now that I have finished the Seven Sisters block. Blogger being down all yesterday proved a blessing in disguise. With no blog posts to catch up on I knuckled down and worked on this block.
The applique stars weren’t working too well for me so I tried a block layout from the Block Base software and used English paper piecing to make the stars which I then appliqued on to the background fabric. If I had been thinking ahead I could have fussy cut diamonds with the background fabric as well. Now I just have to make a Missouri Star which is last weeks block from the Civil War Quilts blog and then I will be all up to date until tonight when the next block comes out :(