I finished this block - Imperial Fan today. This block is one of the few that isn’t in Block Base, or rather there is a block (3316) but it is one quarter of this block.
I printed out the block at 2.25” and used the print option of “Print as many as fit” which meant I had 12 blocks to play with, I used 4 in the paper foundation piecing.
I traced a freezer paper template of the blades from these 4 blocks
My plan of attack was:
- paper foundation piece the blades on each quarter,
- join the quarters together,
- applique the centre circle on top of the blades.
- applique the lavender circle to a square of background fabric,
- applique the fan points (freezer paper on top method) to the lavender circle.
I was over halfway through the fan points when I thought it might have been more accurate to English Paper Piece the fan blades and the triangles, then applique the centre circle, then applique the whole lot to the background fabric. It would still have taken just as long I think.
If I finish off the Orange Peel block this weekend I will have completed 4 blocks from Row 1.