Putting the sashing on the blocks and then sewing the rows together is coming along quite nicely now. I did have a few problems at the start, most of my own making which is why Rows L and M are awaiting a weekend date with the unpicker!!
Rows H to K
Next time I wouldn’t sew the blocks together in strips, I had originally planned to join units of 9 or 12 blocks together and then sew them together, but I changed my mind, next time I will know better.
The key thing I think is accuracy and even though it is tiresome I have used my DJ square to check each block and sashing after I have sewn them together to make sure they are the correct size. When it came to sewing the long sashing strip I have some pieces that don’t quite line up but I’m quite happy with how it looks and I don’t think it will affect the end result as the sides have all lined up quite well.