(an upcoming event called Christmas is starting to require my attention)
I10 was a pain to make. I wanted to avoid the set-in seams on the block so I thought I could make it the same way as I made J5, but there were too many seams and it didn’t look right so I unsewed and tried again but by then the centre fabric star was getting a bit frayed and tired (as I was) so not to be beaten I made another one and appliqued it on, problem solved.
I10 – Iris’ Medallion
paper foundation pieced and applique
J1 – Josepha’s Jonquil Variation 2 (sort of)
Pieced and applique
I was going to make this block the same way as I had made I11 here but after I had pieced together the background decided to applique instead.
So now all the blocks are made I feel slightly deflated, but there is still plenty left to do, I didn’t start squaring up and trimming the blocks until I was about halfway through them so I need to finish them before I can start putting them all together and there are a couple of blocks that I will do again but I think that will be a task for 2011.