Today I finished G8, it took me three tries as I didn’t want to deal with set-in seams so thought I would try and see if I could get an acceptable (to me) block using foundation paper piecing. The block looked sort of OK
but I think it would have looked better if the seam lines had been more symmetrical, so on to the next try which was piecing the diamonds by hand, (there was a power cut so I didn’t really have a choice). The diamonds didn’t meet too well at the centre so that was as far as I got with that effort.
The last block I decided to follow the instructions for piecing eight-pointed stars in American Quilter magazine (March 2010 issue), worked like a charm, now all I had to do was the set-in seams on the triangles and squares, it seemed to take quite a while because it is awkward to do, but by the time I got to the last couple it was easier. The block is finished and I am happy with it.
This is my second post using Windows Live Writer, it’s a programme I can use on my PC to create blog posts, it means I can create my posts without logging into Blogger and it certainly makes loading photos much quicker, I’m still learning my way round it so you may notice a few odd things. I have noticed that my post yesterday looks different on a bigger screen, on my laptop the photos are in two rows of 3 photos, on the bigger screen of the Mister’s PC there are two rows of 4 photos and 2 photos