I made and finished this quilt earlier this year, I thought I had some progress photos but I can't find them, I suspect I deleted them once I had worked out how I wanted the quilt to look. It started out as a way to use up larger fabric scraps, I wanted to make large blocks and I remembered that Bonnie Hunter's blog had a tutorial for Scrappy Trips around the World which made 12.5" blocks.
It didn't take me too long to cut the fabric strips and start stitching them together, then I played around with a few layouts until I found the one I liked and started stitching the blocks together.
quilt backing in progress
The backing fabric was a bit of a no brainer, I was still trying to use up fabric scraps and had plenty left over and it seemed quite apt to make a giant block for the backing. This also meant I could use up the extra block I had made and make one square the quilt label.
The straight line quilting was done on my Bernina 750QE, I used various different colour threads so the quilting would blend in with the various fabrics. The binding was made using a Kaffe Fassett Spots fabric in blue, the quilt is called Deviations on a World Trip.