looking a bit wavy hanging here
It took me a little while to decide on the border fabric, my first choices didn't look right in daylight, and then I remembered this border fabric that I had stashed away. It is from Carrie Bloomston's Collage range from Windham fabrics and I had bought 4 or 5 yards of it back in 2013, so I knew I had plenty for the borders (the longest side is 88"/224cm). I had meant to time how long it took me to hand stitch a border on, but forgot to look at my watch when I had finished, I think it was about an hour per border as the tv programme I was watching had finished a bit before I finished the stitching.
Still using fabric from my stash, I've pieced together some voile for my quilt backing, it is quite lightweight and will make the quilting easier and reduce the weight a bit as well. I've used voile before in my Uzbek Patches quilt and it was so lovely to hand quilt.
Now comes the part I dislike the most, making the quilt sandwich, I think I will leave it until Sunday when I will have a full day to tackle it, there will be a lot of thread basting to do on this quilt.