Sunday, 19 February 2017

No Interruptions

When the Mister is away on a motorbike trip I get plenty of uninterrupted sewing time, in fact the only interruption is when Cody decides that he is hungry and comes to tell me that it is dinnertime :)

I've had these blocks for quite some time they were from a block swap I took part in and I had set them aside for when I had more time to put them together and that time was this weekend.



Rather than fuss about trying to get matching seams I added a fabric strip to the top of two of the block rows, another fabric strip to the bottom and then stitched them together, I rather like the result. Conveniently I had quite a few strips of the spotted fabric stashed away with the blocks so used them for the side borders/strips.

 I'm a bit over large quilts (they are a PITA to baste and quilt) so decided to make two smaller quilts but once finished I thought that rather than having to quilt two quilts, I would use one for the backing and save myself the extra quilting.



7 comments:

  1. Love the spots. A great creative and effective way to put you blocks together. Gorgeous! Agree with PITA comment! Hi from Picton!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way you put them together, it looks really cool xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Pip. I like the idea of double sided, and dropping the rows down has made life easier to piece. Very nice looking quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool. I love spot fabrics. I think staggering your rows makes less bulk all at one point too. Double sided is another good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great way to use larger pieces of the KF and Friends fabrics - love it. What size are the centre squares Pip?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know next to nothing about quilting, Pip, but I love the bright and beautiful colours of your quilt.
    Meg:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)