Monday, 2 January 2017

Spiderweb Hexagon

I started making the blocks for this quilt earlier this year and put it aside because of time constraints.  The Christmas break seemed the perfect time for some slow machine stitching, while listening to a non quilting podcast  - Chat 10 Looks 3 which I found very entertaining, although non Australian listeners might be a bit baffled with some of it.



I finished the quilt top late yesterday afternoon, and am really pleased with how it has turned out, I had a rough layout diagram but that went out the window as it meant piecing some more diamonds which I did not want to do.  I ended up filling in the top and bottom with the same fabric that I used for the fan blades.  I have the batting and the backing fabric so I just have to sandwich up the quilt ready for quilting, whenever that happens.




6 comments:

  1. The blue background colour is striking I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks TERRIFIC, Pip!! Congrats! on finishing the top.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's stunning! I like the way you used alternating blue and yellow triangles each end of the diamond.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great Pip! The blue is a great choice! How will you quilt it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this Pip, and the blue fabric was a great choice!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)