Sunday, 15 January 2017

It isn't a race ...

Even though I've been making good progress on the Museum Medallion quilt I have to remind myself that it isn't a race and I need to give myself a break from stitching every now and then to rest my hands.

I usually stitch away at night while watching TV and it has been great as I have a bad habit of dozing off while watching TV which irritates the Mister a little bit and if I'm stitching there is no dozing off so everyone is happy.


Since this photo was taken I have stitched on the remaining two border strips and have started on the last of the striped border strips.  The quilt is quite large now and it is proving difficult to get a decent photo but I will try and get a more recent one soon.

12 comments:

  1. Good to see you again Pip! Love the things you've been working on xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a lovely blog you have here - I'm glad i found it on a side bar -

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good Pip! You're almost there.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. So THAT'S where those circles went!! AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I keep thinking I want to do a Medallion quilt, not sure it would be this one with all those circles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, Pip. What beautiful quilts you make! I'm looking forward to popping back often to see more of your amazing sewing. Meg:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for visiting Meg, its all slow stitching at the moment so sometimes there isn't much progress to be seen :)

      Delete
  7. Pip I LOVE IT! So good to see your handiwork again :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh nearly there! I love its sparkle with yellows and blues.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oops - I have one of those up to that circle stage. Yours is looking lovely, Pip. Keep going!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. No, it is NOT a race, although it is far to easy to feel like it is/should be. Your medallion is looking really, really good.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)