Thursday, 5 January 2017




In December last year I went to the Anna Maria Horner workshop that was at Hettie's Patch in Adelaide.  Two days of pure bliss, sewing (and not sewing) with no husbandly interruptions, no having to stop and make lunch, morning or afternoon tea.  Anna Maria was very friendly and approachable and made everyone feel special, thank you to Lorraine for bringing Anna Maria to Adelaide.


Anna Maria showed us all her quilts and left them out for us to pore (and paw) over for the two days.


We all worked on a Modern Corsage piece.  I had prepared a pieced background before the workshop using some flying geese from another project that had been stalled for a while.  This gave me a bit of a head start in adding the flower elements to my piece, so by the end of the two days I had a piece that was almost ready to applique.  If you follow me on IG you will have seen some of the in progress photos.


I've decided to attempt some machine applique on this, so it is a bit of a work in progress, I've worked out the stitch lengths and widths, and while it isn't quite as nice as hand applique it is quicker, and it would be nice to get this piece finished.


Cody has laid claim to this quilt, that look on his face says it all "MINE, just try and make me get off"


5 comments:

  1. I am sorry now that I did not get to see Anna Maria when she was in Melbourne! I love the look of your Mod Corsage piece! Is the machine quilting on the green checked bias pieces? I can hardly see it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. More pretty makes, Pip, all different and all lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see you back blogging, Pip! Love what you are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. and thanks for sharing your kitty. Mine disappeared September 2015, probably an owl, or big cat or coyote... she liked to hunt and got hunted instead. Miss her, love all kitties I meet or see!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry for the loss of your kitty, I think the worse part would be not knowing what happened to her.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)