Tuesday, 17 January 2017

Blooms of a different sort


 It has been hot today (37°C/98°F), we are fortunate up here in the foothills as the temperature doesn't get as hot as it does down in the city (40°C/104°F).  Having a large quilt like the Museum Medallion draped over me didn't appeal very much so I opted to do a bit more work on my piece from the Anna Maria Horner workshop I did late last year.

I need to make up another flower and some leaves for the left hand side, finish stitching the bias down and I think that will be it, apart from the quilting of course.  Looking at the photo I may have been a bit premature with the embroidery and perhaps should have left it until after the quilting, we'll see how it works out.

5 comments:

  1. Looking good! I don't think you were wrong to embroider first!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!! I think you'll be able to quilt around the embroidery. It's good to add it with the inspiration hits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I particularly like the multi coloured stems.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Love the look of this Pip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks fabulous, Pip. You should be able to quilt around the embroidery. Much easier to do while it's still a top for starting and finishing stitches.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)