Wednesday, 25 January 2017

Almost too big

This is where the Museum Medallion is up to, one thin border remains and then it is onto the final border, hurrah!  I knew this quilt was a large one but didn't realise exactly how big until I clipped it to a board so I could hang it up for a photo.


It will have to be pressed before I get to the quilting stage but it is a wasted effort to press it now, when it will just get creased again while I stitch on the final border.



In case you wonder what those little bits of colour peeking from the edges of the eighth border are,  they are parts of the flower print in the fabric below.  If I remember correctly this fabric had large strips of flowers alternated by the plain sections which I wanted to use for my border and when I measured one plain section it was wide enough but I forgot to check if the other bits were also wide enough, c'est la vie, it is a scrap quilt after all.


10 comments:

  1. Yes, it is a monster, this one! 90 inches square from memory! But well worth the effort Pip! It's going to be great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good Pip. Can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you have been busy Pip. Looks fabulous. Love to see how you quilt it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks GREAT!! Wondering what you will do for that final border??? All will be revealed, in good time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you're going to be busy quilting with those lovely wide borders. How big will this be when all the borders are on?

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's gorgeous Pip! I love the fabrics you chose for this ~ awesome job! Can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous top!!! And there's another border to go so it's going to have more gorgeousness added.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just beautiful Pip! Looking forward to seeing the next border too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. the quilt looks great............and goodluck on the food front with the recipes........all looks yummy..........

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)