Friday, 1 April 2016

Lines

The quilting is proceeding slowly on the as yet unnamed Umbrella Prints Trimming Challenge quilt, (suggestions welcomed) I have done a small amount of hand quilting on a couple of areas, and will do a bit more as I progress with the machine quilting.


I generally start quilting in the middle of the quilt but this time I started on another area, not sure if this was a good idea or not, it shouldn't be too much of an issue as I have ditch stitched the quilt for stability, I guess I'll find out won't I?  I do like the way this part is evolving, I'm using a 28wt Aurifil (the colour is 2312 Ermine) and a blue G├╝termann silk thread (because I liked the colour) both of which I already had in my thread stash.


The back side is also looking quite good, some nice texture happening, I'm going to use the same bobbin thread  (Aurifil 50 wt 2600 Dove) throughout.


Some organic triangles near the quilt centre, quilted in the silk thread, I didn't measure these just eyeballed them as I quilted. 


7 comments:

  1. Looking lovely Pip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely quilting Pip, I am a fan of Aurifil threads but they do have such a lot of tempting colours and I could end up with a huge collection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilting is really adding to the appearance and giving it great texture and interest. Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks really great Pip! Your quilting is so effective. Love thetextureand movement you've created!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's looking great, Pip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is looking fantastic Pip! I'll think about a name...maybe something will come to me when I see it finished?

    ReplyDelete
  7. sorry Pip. i only just saw this post.. loving where this challenge is taking you, very organic

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)