Monday, 25 April 2016

Anzac Day 2016



I am not a badge of honour,
I am not a racist smear,
I am not a fashion statement,
to be worn but once a year,

I am not a glorification of conflict or of war,
I am not a paper ornament or a token, 
I am more.
I am a loving memory, of a father or a son,
A mother, a sister or daughter, each and every one

I am paper or enamel
I am old or shining new,
I am a way of saying thank you,
To every one of you.

I am a simple poppy, a reminder to you all,
That courage, faith and honour will stand where heroes fall.

Paul Hunter 2014

6 comments:

  1. Thank you, Pip. I have always admired your country's celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a lovely verse....

    ReplyDelete
  3. May we ALWAYS remember them,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing that lovely poem, it is worded so well. Lest we forget... Joy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Exactly.
    I still cherish the poppy you sent me, and think of you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful. Thank you, Pip.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)