Sunday, 3 April 2016

A good days work ...

I spent a fair bit of time in the sewing room today, and used up most of my Kaffe Fassett strings.  It didn't seem to take too long, I had cut the fan blades out the day before and chain pieced all the blocks.  They have had a quick haircut to make it a bit easier to place the smaller strips before stitching.  All going well I will finish these blocks off tomorrow or Tuesday.


I put a few of the finished blocks on the design wall to see how they look.  The blocks need to be handled carefully as there are some bias edges that I don't want to stretch so I have given them a good press and starch.

Now that I see these blocks on the wall, I can see that there is the possibility of making diagonal rows instead of making hexagons, which would reduce the number of Y seams.  I will have to think on this a bit, although I can't see any major problems in doing it this way other than keeping everything in order.



11 comments:

  1. Goodluck but going on below pic it looks like it's going to be great... Goodluck....

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so creative......it's looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree- doing these in rows will make it a lot easier....well, a bit easier at least! Looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blocks are coming along beautifully, I love the play of the blue and yellow. I'd be interested to see what a diagonal row setting looks like.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the idea of a diagonal row for assembly - Y seams are NOT one of my faves.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, I love the look of these blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. As I am a Wordpress blogger, I'm confused here. Is there a way to subscribe to your posts by email? ZippyQuilts (at)gmail (dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your blocks look great Pip! The blue sets it off. What a beaut creative block. Look forward to seeing what you do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely clever use of long scraps.
    What a dynamic design.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful combination of colors. It looks so fresh and bright. Irregular shapes make it more dynamic.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)