I spent a fair bit of time in the sewing room today, and used up most of my Kaffe Fassett strings. It didn't seem to take too long, I had cut the fan blades out the day before and chain pieced all the blocks. They have had a quick haircut to make it a bit easier to place the smaller strips before stitching. All going well I will finish these blocks off tomorrow or Tuesday.
I put a few of the finished blocks on the design wall to see how they look. The blocks need to be handled carefully as there are some bias edges that I don't want to stretch so I have given them a good press and starch.
Now that I see these blocks on the wall, I can see that there is the possibility of making diagonal rows instead of making hexagons, which would reduce the number of Y seams. I will have to think on this a bit, although I can't see any major problems in doing it this way other than keeping everything in order.