Monday, 28 March 2016

Random thoughts

I looked out the window a little while ago and saw this sky, although the colours are much more intense in real life, the birds were making their usual morning racket and it is another windy day today, which means a good day to stay inside.


We have a big urn in our front garden and over the years I've had varying success with different plants, this time I tried portulacas and I think they have been the most successful summer planting, they need very little water, are thriving on my neglect, they look gorgeous and they love the hot weather.  


Rachael from Blue Mountain Daisy recently had a blog post about her collection of swap cards, she showed us some of her favourites, there were some lovely ones, hop over and take a look.  Rachael emailed me a picture of a card that she had randomly picked out for me, I love the colours in it and thought they would make a great quilt.


Part of yesterday was spent piecing the backing for the Trimmings challenge quilt, then basting and finally ditch stitching it.  I listened to a podcast interview from Charlotte at The Slightly Mad Quilt Lady, which helps the boring ditch stitching go a lot faster, and today I plan to finish the ditch stitching and start on the quilting.




7 comments:

  1. You obviously had a better day than I did, basting and quilting! I just about to go and start the process again! Your garden looks lovely! Maybe there is some rain coming with your red sky morning? Happy days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous view to wake up to. Enjoy your stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spectacular sunrises are such a great reward for being an early riser. Thanks for linking to my blog. It's been wonderful how much interest there has been in my swap card collection post. I enjoy listening to quilt podcasts too but hadn't heard of The Slight Mad Quilt Lady, I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a terrible thing to see out the window! Sounds like you had a productive day, hope you had a lovely Easter break.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your view is gorgeous Pip! You are in a beaut place. I enjoyed Lotties podcast and Wendy Welsh's insight into colour. Love your quilt and the source of your colours for it! I was thrilled to see Rachaeldaisy's delightful Colour Collision challenge quilt visit our quilt show in Macksville this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a glorious sunrise!! I think your pieced backing actually matches the card from Rachaeldaisy quite nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)