Thursday, 24 December 2015

My bad ...

I was doing quite well with the blogging but it seems to have fallen by the wayside yet again.  I've spent the last couple of weeks cleaning up my work room, it was quite a mess as I had just put things down and then put something else down on top of it.

My almost packed handbag 
(actually a briefcase with a shoulder strap so I can carry it messenger style)
I just need to add my iPad and I'm good to go.

I'm trying to develop a new rule for myself: only handle something once, e.g. so rather than opening an email and answering it later, I answer it immediately or delete it, or instead of leaving the dishes on the bench, load them straight into the dishwasher (this is something the Mister needs to work on).

I'm off to Auckland, New Zealand tomorrow, (more specifically Howick) to spend Christmas with my parents.  The weather looks as if it will be quite mild compared to the temperatures we have been experiencing here in Adelaide.



My sewing box, I've managed to pack 
the makings for quite a few blocks (100 or so) in there.

I'm taking a carry on bag (I have clothes and toiletries stashed in NZ) and a handbag/briefcase, I've packed a little bit of piecing to take with me, it doesn't take up very much room yet it has everything I need and it will be enough to keep me busy for the week.



I have lots of books and magazines loaded on to my iPad, I love to read and this is a great way to have a variety of books at my fingertips, without the added weight.


The libraries in South Australia have quite a selection of digital magazines to loan and nowadays I'm  finding that I prefer to borrow them from the library by this means as it is much more cost effective.


5 comments:

  1. Have a safe journey and happy holidays Pip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look very organised Pip. Hope you have a lovely week with your parents. Merry Christmas to you and the Mister xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great trip and a lovely Christmas! My aunt and uncle lived in Howick when I was growing up - I have a lot of good Christmas memories of paddling at Cockle Bay :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We borrow our e-magazines from our library, too ... Safe travels and Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy your time in New Zealand Pip. I look forward to photos on your blog! Thanks for the library tip! We had no idea that this service exists.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)