Wednesday, 25 November 2015

Slow stitching

I like to have a couple of hand piecing projects on the go, so I can take them along to sit and sew days rather than mess around packing up a machine and all the associated paraphernalia (pedal, cord etc). 


I'm finding that the TATW while still quite portable is a bit large for some occasions, Sheila suggested that I start piecing the blocks for the last border of the Museum Medallion (started in 2013) quilt.  I had already cut out and marked the pieces a year or more ago, so it was just a matter of locating them and getting them out ready to piece.


There are 44 circle blocks and 4 corner stars for the final pieced border, I need to piece 176 quarter circle blocks and then piece them to make the circle blocks.  I've taken them along to two sit and sews recently and have made 35 quarter circle blocks so I'm slowly getting there.

7 comments:

  1. It seems to be a good time of year for some no-pressure hand stitching - I'm doing the same with my EPP. Your quilt is looking amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hand stitching was all put aside ready to go into the caravan when the Pickfords men arrived. After they had gone, we did a quick sweep through. My sewing was nowhere to be found. I guess it got packed and loaded!! Sob ......sob! Well I'll have to stop at a shop!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! I always have a takealong. Today it's an EPP pentagon ball. Your curves llook very neat and accurate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. glad my words didn't fall on deaf ears, as they often do at home :-) hahaha. I have been thinking of planning a whole cloth with drunkards path blocks, there are so many variations. Yours will look fabulous around your Museum Medallion...Which is just gorgeous, just in case i havn't said it before. That reminds me i should get my Liberty love book back from my daughter, who seems to think possesion is 9/10th the law

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking good. I love the circle blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like some hand sewing too but my eyesight isn't brilliant and so I haven't been doing much lately. Finally found the time to go and order some new glasses this week so hopefully things will be much clearer in a couple of weeks! I agree with Sheila, medallion quilt is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How did I miss this Pip! I was scrolling down your labels on the right side of your blog and saw the tag 'Museum Medallion'!! I love your yellow border! You MUST finish this- it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)