Tuesday, 13 October 2015

Playtime

There hasn't been too much making going on because of all the quilting I've been doing, but I did occasionally take time off to play with fabric.


Some time ago I bought Sujata Shah's  book Cultural Fusion, when the book arrived I wanted to dive in and make something immediately but I already had several projects on the go, so I resisted and contented myself with reading it instead.
 

But a girl's gotta play and one day when I really needed a break from quilting straightish lines I decided that it was time to crack open the book.  I was very drawn to the quilt on the cover - Rail Fence so decided that I would make a block to try it out.  I couldn't stop at one block and ended up making 4 of them, the method for making them is very easy and enjoyable, so I pulled more fabric so I could have some  strips ready to make more blocks when I need another break.



There is even a quiltalong for this quilt and you can see more of the Rail Fence quilts at the Cultural Fusion Quilts blog.

4 comments:

  1. Oooh, I love your blocks! And I love Sujata's style. I need this book. I've been admiring it but it's time to act and go get it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see how those wonderful rail fence blocks would be addictive, and great for playing with fabulous fabric combos. Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're addictive, aren't they!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're always on a learning mission, aren't you?
    I admire how you'll give everything a go.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)