Thursday, 15 October 2015

Green

I don't really have a lot of green fabrics in my stash, I think because it isn't one of my favourite colours, however my garden gives me a nice green fix anytime I want.


A couple of weeks ago I bought some seedlings and seeds and had a little planting frenzy,  I didn't expect all the zucchini (aka courgette) seeds to come up but they did and I now have six plants, I will have to give some away as there is no way on earth that the Mister and I can eat all the zucchini that will hopefully come from them and I do love zucchini.


I also sowed some climbing beans which seem to be growing quite well, although a critter or two has been eating some of them, I've checked for caterpillars and put a bit of snail bait down but I would prefer to keep as organic as possible.  Since I took the photo this morning, a couple of the climbing beans have shot up even more and started climbing!!!!


 The lemon tree which previously lived in a pot was planted into the ground back in April and looks very happy covered with buds which have just started flowering, so hopefully lemons are in my future.


5 comments:

  1. Happy green days!! I've got lots of lettuce seedlings to plant today. We had lots of zucchinis a few years ago and made a few zucchini cakes. We found the recipe online, they make a really lovely moist scrumptious cake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you ever made zucchini spaghetti? My husband and I just found out about it. We bought the little gadget that makes spiral zucchini noodles. You hold it in one hand, push the zucchini into it with the other hand, and twist. I love the zucchini noodles with all kinds of sauces, including delicious basil pesto. I like zucchini noodles better than wheat pasta. Each one of us eats 2 - 3 medium zucchini per meal this way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find I have green in the stash, yellow is my hard to like colour. Lemons however are another story - fingers crossed they fruit in time for lots of summer G & Ts.
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to have you back in blog land again Pip!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some greens here . . .trying to squeak Boo over the top of the Pink and Orange rabble that goes on.
    No vegetable greens however . . .the possums are fat from my geraniums, and everything else that I would have thought was hardy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)