Tuesday, 14 July 2015

Slack*

adjective: slack
1. 1. not taut or held tightly in position; loose.  "a slack rope"
2. 2. having or showing laziness or negligence.  "slack accounting procedures"

 synonyms:   lax, negligent, neglectful, remiss, careless, slapdash, slipshod, lackadaisical, lazy
  inefficient, incompetent, inattentive, offhand, casual, disorderly, disorganised, derelict, sloppy, slaphappy, do-nothing, half-arsed, delinquent, otiose, pococurante

I'm not sure if I have been totally slack but some of those synonyms could apply to my blogging efforts over the last month or so.

I have been making stuff, but not so much of the quiltystuff. I made Seville Orange marmalade, the Mister and I have already gone through a jar and a half, two jars,  it is delicious spread thickly on toast (either hot, buttered or cold, buttered).


  I've been making bread, which we have been toasting to eat with the marmalade, it is also rather nice when spread with crunchy peanut butter and sprinkled with freshly ground black pepper.


In between baking, jam making and eating,  I've done a little bit of quilting, this rather cute "Girl with Umbrella" was a free pattern on Craftsy, it was nice to make something small and quick.


I've also done another section on the My Small World quilt, which was fun although it does leave my work room in a mess, little bits of fabric scattered everywhere which sometimes makes me think I should just push on and finish it quickly, but I am really enjoying working out how to make the different parts and deciding on the fabrics I will use.



There has also been a lot of sitting around by the fire because the weather lately has been miserable, rainy and cold, and it is just so nice to sit near the fire and read a good book  (there has been a bit of reading done as well)


and there has also been a bit of fabric fondling, I finished paying off my laybuy for this bundle of fabrics which are the fabrics that are in the kit for the Homespun magazine BOM, which I am not making, I just like the fabrics - Kaffe Fassett Collective.



* Google definition

8 comments:

  1. Well, now! You added to my vocabulary today - otiose and pococurante! My hubs and I LOVE marmalade - I will have to try that recipe. Love your umbrella girl - thanks for where to find the pattern - I just downloaded it from Craftsy. Your fireplace looks very nice - I'm sitting at work freezing in the air conditioning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha..you're not the only one to think that I'm sure..sometimes the days just seem to roll on by and before you know it another week has gone by...love the fabrics and the projects you have been working on. It has been very cold over here and looks like similar weather over there as well

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've been using your time well - good food, time by the fire, some sewing and welcoming new fabrics to your stash. I love the way you used quilting on your Umbrelka Girl to create rain and puddles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. knowing you as i do, there is no way, by any stretch of the imagination that could describe you as "slack" . That you have not blogged is merely an indication of how busy you are in other areas... and they are always wonderfully creative.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol.... Nice to see you...... The fire is the perfect place at the moment.......... Love the new fabrics..... Off on retreat this weekend and thinking of using kaffe in my quilt......

    ReplyDelete
  6. The fire is also what we have going on around here. The weather has been very wet, not too cold though, but miserable, and there's nothing better than a fire going. Love your girl and the umbrella. I would love to make marmalade but too much sugar which we can't eat. Yours looks yummy! As for being slack - Join the club. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Peanut butter and pepper? That is a newie, I must try! Just when is this cold weather going to go away? I'm thoroughly sick of 12 degrees! As always, lovely to see what you are up to.

    Cheers - Joolz xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I came home from Hospital on the 14th July. Its taken me 4 months to find the energy to read a blog.
    I headed for yours first off! Didn't disappoint.
    Love an Adelaide fireplace, and love your marmalade!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)