Saturday, 30 May 2015

Procraftination

There are other quilting related things I could/should be doing (e.g. finishing my Sweet 16 challenge quilt, quilting the Mister's quilt) instead I have been piecing on my machine.  I discovered that I have really missed everything about making a patchwork block(s), choosing the fabrics, cutting the parts out, piecing them together and that wonderful feeling of seeing a block come together.


 During my recent blog reading I came across a quiltalong for a small quilt called My Small World - a Jen Kingwell pattern in the Special Spring edition of Quiltmania (click on the magazine image and you can flick through selected portions of the magazine) and I thought it would make a great project to help use up some of my many scraps.


So I've been having a very enjoyable few days piecing little bits of fabric together. The quilt has plenty of variety in it: there are applique blocks, English Paper Piecing and even a little embroidery.  I will be personalising my quilt here and there, I've already put my name on one of the apartment buildings. I'm in no hurry to finish this project, so I will more than likely keep it for the weekend and continue with my other projects during the week.




7 comments:

  1. This looks like such a fun quilt to make and you're off to a great start with your fun blocks. I was just admiring a version of this quilt at patchworknplay Suz's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh, yours is so pretty, Pip! I am sorely tempted, as is my daughter, to start one, but I better not! Looking forward to seeing your progress. Have you joined the hashtag for it on IG? Also, I have not found you on IG, but I'm still looking...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good Pip. Not sure if I could do it but I like what you have done so far. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You inspire me not to take this whole QAL too seriously, but to just enjoy it! I love the start of yours and the fact that you are already personalizing this. I think that's why I love it too. Lovely!!

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks a great start to your quilt. I like your choice of fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ProcraFtination . . . what a marvelous word.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)