Friday, 29 May 2015

More koalas

Usually I am the one to spot any koalas in the neighbourhood but Jenny spotted this one in the neighbour's tree a few days ago.  She (at least I think it is a she) spent the day in the tree, sleeping and eating, we don't usually see koalas in this tree but it gets quite a lot of winter sun so would have been a nice warm place to sleep.


The Mister heard this bloke grunting the other morning, he was in a tree on the other side of the road, I suspect he was a hopeful suitor for the female in the photo above.  He also hung around for the day and was gone by the next morning.


My brother sent me this link of a fantastic photo of a group of fantails (a native New Zealand bird) huddling together just before a snowstorm.  You can click on the photo to make it bigger and there is a short video at the bottom of the news article, if you turn up the sound you can hear them chattering to each other, it made me a little bit homesick to hear and see them.


3 comments:

  1. Your photos of the Koala are great, Pip - and I loved the photo/video of the fantails!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so lucky to have koalas in your neighbourhood, not just one but two!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Koalas are lovely Pip. Are you the photographer? Great pics. But I love the fantails! So cute.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)