Monday, 18 May 2015

Another round the world trip completed ...

on my Brigitte Giblin Trip Around the World quilt.  I'm now starting on Round 25 which is another red round, I'm nearly out of the original red spot that I started with so I'm adding in a red fabric which has little white chickens on it.


The whole quilt is getting a little large to go on the design wall now, so it will have to be floor shots from now on.  Once I get to Round 30 then the quilt will be 60" square (which is quite a nice size although not the queen size that the Mister wants)   and I may add another couple of rounds after that and finish it off, I'm still quite motivated to keep working on it which is a good thing as it is usually around this stage that I lose interest in a project and put it aside.
 

I think the main reason that I am still motivated is the slowness of the project, there is no need to rush and I can enjoy just sitting and stitching.

4 comments:

  1. I am admiring you for perservering with your TATW, its looking great. I think the little chicks are such a fun addition among the red spot

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Love those Chickens!
    Its going to be gorgeous on a bed one day. Such little pieces will show fabulous texture. It will be a "stroke-able" quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Trip quilt is looking so beautiful! A wonderful labor of love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your TAW quilt looks beautiful. The little chickens add a smile to the mix. It's great to hear you're still motivated especially as the trips get longer.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)