Thursday, 26 March 2015

Still tripping

The Trip around the World top is getting bigger.  I'm up to Round 21 and I feel that the end is getting closer.  My current thinking is that I will add another 4 rounds and then decide whether to finish there or add more rounds.  At the moment it measures about 45" (110cm) so nearly big enough for a nice sized lap quilt and not too big to hand quilt which will be nice to do, now that the weather is getting colder.


I'm really enjoying making this quilt, and even though it has been quite a slow process it has been fun choosing the different fabrics which apart from the red spot have all been from my stash.  
 

6 comments:

  1. Your TATW is beautiful. It will look great hand quilted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. coming along nicely, such perserverence

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really like your colour choices.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So lovely Pip and so inspiring! I really do not need another project! Still love that shimmer you have happening!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks to be such a labour of love....with amazing results at the end. Worth persevering! I love your periwinkle blue fabric. makes it sparkle with the zingy orange.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)