Sunday, 29 March 2015

A bit of improv

I have been playing around with making new fabric from fabric scraps and had made a piece of low volume(ish) blue fabric which has been sitting on my design wall until further inspiration would strike.


Reading Cat & Vee's blog I came across Cat's Bust a kiss blogtorial  and thought "oh yes, I can try that with my made fabric, so I did and ended up with this block.  The making of it made for a pleasant morning sewing and there may be a few more of these blocks appearing sometime.


I also played around with a few of the (many) strips I have lurking in the work room and ended up with this block, it could have been better balanced value wise but I just pulled some strips out and sewed like a maniac.  I really enjoy doing improv piecing although I do tend to make a bit of a mess with all the fabric trimmings when I make these blocks.



6 comments:

  1. both fun block to do when you just want to sew. i really quite like the "Bust a Kiss" block

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you were having fun. Four of us made a string quilt each, at a retreat, and the mess was horific! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the 'x'marks the spot block. I enjoy creating fabric from leftovers, very satisfying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look like great fun! Happy playing, Pip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How pretty! Love the low volume with the bust a kiss!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOh I love that Bust a Kiss. Made fabric is always full of surprises. Yours looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)