Tuesday, 16 December 2014

Slow Stitching ...

Things have slowed down a lot here, I'm slowly working on the TATW quilt, round 16 is now finished, it measures about 35" across,  fabrics for rounds 17 and 18 are in the top right hand corner.  I really like how this quilt is starting to evolve, I'm still not sure how big I will make it, I think a queen size has 30 rounds plus some extra rows top and bottom and then triangles to make a straight edge.  I'm still enjoying the stitching on this one so I guess I'll just keep going for the time being.


I bought a lovely striped double gauze (Kokka Joielinne Random Stripe) from Hetties Patch a couple of weeks ago but had no idea what I would use it for, I just liked the fabric. Last weekend I made it up into a skirt, I already had my skirt pattern  drafted (although it did take me a little while to find it as I couldn't remember where I had put it). I had only bought a metre of fabric which wasn't quite enough for a skirt so a bit of a search through the stash brought up some Nani Iro double gauze which I used for a yoke on the skirt.  It was only after I had cut the fabrics that I had the bright thought that I could have gathered the striped fabric and then attached it to the yoke, it probably would have been a more effective use of the fabric, never mind.


At the quilt guild meeting in December 2013 we were all presented with a hexagon template for a Hexagon Christmas Challenge and encouraged to make a project with it, then bring the project along to the December 2014 meeting. I originally thought I would make a pincushion and then came across the bag handles stashed away so decided I would make a handbag using Kaffe Fassett fabrics, it turned out really well. There were a lot of projects made, both small and large, click here and scroll down a bit to see some of them.


5 comments:

  1. I spy with my little eye . . 2 fun ladies in front of a cake!
    Lovely bag. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great bag Pip. Sounds like you've been having a dig around finding things lately!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good thinking on the skirt--I've added and pieced a few in my time, in order to be able to use a favorite fabric. Glad you found those handles, for that is one good-looking hexie bag!

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photo of your TATW. You really have a great eye for colour. The colours radiate from the centre. I've spent time trying to work out why! Is it centre, rows seven and eight , or rows seven , eight and nine? Magic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just consulted DH. He says reds and orange! Loves it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)