Monday, 1 September 2014

Stitching - Day 2

I woke really early this morning, so rather than lying there trying to go back to sleep, I got up, made myself a cup of tea, turned the computer on and checked out the current Threads of Memory block.  I usually have problems with downloading the templates so once again I drafted the pattern up in EQ7 and printed out a copy ready for use later in the week.


Some actual stitching was done again today, I made another Threads of Memory block, this one was a fairly easy block to put together. I knew that I wanted a stripe in the outer border, so auditioned a few fabrics before I found the one, after that it didn't take too long to pull the rest of the fabrics.  I used this tutorial to make the four flying geese for the star, it has a PDF with dimensions for different sized FG blocks and I've used it a few times when I've needed odd sized geese.  Once the geese were made the rest of the block came together quite quickly as it was just strips and squares.




Day 2
Achieved - 1 block completed (nearly caught up now)
                   marked more blocks for Museum Medallion

Reading - Make Modern the first issue of a digital quilting magazine

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)