Saturday, 13 September 2014

Stitching - Day 13

I managed a fair bit of stitching today, hemmed up a pair of trousers , it only took me 9 months to get around to doing them, then finished putting things to rights in my work room.  I've come to the conclusion that I work better when everything is relatively tidy, I feel more calm and in control of things.

The Mister and I worked for about an hour in the garden this morning, I decided to finish up for the day once I dug into an ant's nest, they can move quite fast and I didn't fancy them crawling up my legs. I'm going to try and work in the garden for 30 minutes a day for the next 14 days, which should help tidy the place up a bit.



For lunch we ate  Broccoli Slaw from the Smitten Kitchen cookbook, this is recipe is a keeper, what a fantastic way to eat broccoli, the Mister and I could eat this a couple of times a week without getting tired of it.

Day 13

Achieved - hemmed a pair of trousers
                   finished marking the cut blocks for Museum Medallion (I need to cut more 1/4 circles)
                   stitched 12 blocks on TATW quilt

2 comments:

  1. I'd call that a pretty good day's work, did you finish up watching the Power win its semi final? That 30 mins a day in the garden is a great idea, I have made the same pact with myself a couple of times, its amazing how much you can achieve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never too late with the trousers - besides it's not "real" sewing!! I like the idea of 30 minutes a day in the garden.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)