Wednesday, 10 September 2014

Stitching - Day 10

Forging on with the quilting of the quilts I have entered in our Festival of Quilts, I've completed the quilting on the miniature quilt, (I may add more to it but it is essentially finished)  and then started on the quilting for my challenge quilt (Diamond is the theme for the challenge).  There is no quilting plan for this one, I'm really just using it as quilting practise, I'm hoping this will be finished tomorrow, which will leave me with the red and white quilt to finish.  I'm sending my Sweet 16 off to have a software update installed on Friday, I will be without it for approximately a week, so it was quite important for me to finish the quilting on the smaller quilts, otherwise I would be in a mad panic by the end of the month.


Some more organising - a while ago I bought a couple of these sewing boxes from Spotlight, this one has most of the things I need when I do applique, the other one has all my hand stitching requirements.  The applique one I can just grab and go, as it has part of a project in it permanently (a tree from a Sue Spargo wall hanging) and I'm in no hurry to finish it just yet.


I have to remember to put a project in the hand stitching kit before I take it anywhere, (either the TATW quilt or some Museum Medalliong blocks) the closed box fits nicely in my green basket which I bought back in June.


Day 10

Achieved - finished quilting on miniature quilt, worked on Challenge quilt,
                 no hand stitching today,

Not stitching - Started reading Midnight Crossroad by Charlaine Harris
                       continue watching True Detective (I need to stay awake for this)

6 comments:

  1. Your quilting is looking lovely there Pip! I look forward to seeing your quilts in November!

    ReplyDelete
  2. some very impressive quilting happening there, clever girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous quilting! I love reading your blog and seeing all the wonderful things you are working on. Carry on!

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great idea..saves fossicking around for something to take..mmm just reading your newer post about organising everything into your red filing cabinet and your discovery of double ups rang a bell with me..maybe I could put all mine into boxes like these!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing quilting, Pip! It's great to have a pick up and go box.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely quilting and good idea with the boxes...ahh you have a sweet 16 too - I'm still learning about mine but loving it :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)