Tuesday, 16 September 2014

I made a Butternut Squash and caramelised onion galette for our lunch today, we had it with Broccoli Slaw (again), there was almost complete silence from the Mister (although I did hear a couple of yums)  as he ate, and if you know the Mister you will know that silence is rare :)


The recipe calls for Fontina cheese, but this was not available (out of season I think) so I substituted a  Raclette cheese instead, although I think Gruyere would also have worked.  After eating the galette I also think that Feta could be quite nice and provide a nice contrast with the sweetness of the butternut and caramelised onions.

On the sewing front I made a hanging sleeve for one of the quilts, although I have yet to attach it, I'm thinking of trying out this tutorial for sewing it on by machine instead of hand stitching it on.  I'm going to attach the hanging sleeve for the red and white quilt when I put the binding on so I have set aside a piece of fabric for that.  I also made a start on the many labels which are required for the quilts for the show.

 I also made the second block from Amanda's Mystery Quilt Sampler, I was a bit slapdash and didn't really look at the directions properly so my block is a mirror image and my piecing isn't as accurate as it should be, never mind, finished is better than perfect as they say.


Achieved - 1 block for Mystery Quilt Sampler
                   mundane labels and hanging sleeves for quilt show quilts
gardening - 30 minutes - cutting back succulents

2 comments:

  1. Excited to see a finish

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Yumm is all i would be saying , while eating your gallette too. It looks delish. I am one step closer to joining in , i downloaded the blocks, I just need to catch up on stuff before i can give myself permission .

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)