Thursday, 21 August 2014

Creating New Fabric

Back in June I attended a Guild workshop - Creating New Fabric with Suzanne Gummow, it was held over one day and was quite intense, Suzanne got us to work quite quickly with selecting our fabric choices for the background and before long everyone was at their machine stitching away.

By days end I had the background finished and the "flower" petals made ready to be stitched down.  The fabrics I used for this piece were all from my scrap bin (bonus) and I thoroughly enjoyed the fast pace we worked at.



This is my (nearly) finished piece, I need to put a facing on as I think a binding won't look quite right/

8 comments:

  1. That's beautiful. I love your colour choice and your flowers. Looks like a fun thing to make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you squint your eyes , this could be a landscape , looki ng through a blossom tree to a fenced farm with a flock of birds flying overhead. Turned out very well

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very pretty! How large is it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing! Would love to learn how to do that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So lovely! Love looking past the beautiful flowers to the distant horizon! Magic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like it would have been a fun workshop. Your pieces is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)