Wednesday, 27 August 2014

Cogitating*

The entry forms for the Quilter's Guild of South Australia 2014 Festival of Quilts are due to be handed in shortly and I intend to enter some quilts again. As a guild member I think it is important to support the show because if we don't, there won't be a quilt show and I know we all love looking  at quilts that others have made.  I know some quilters don't want to exhibit their quilts because they feel their quilts aren't up to show standard but there is an option on the form where you can opt out of the judging process.  I've found it quite exciting going along to the show each year and seeing my quilts hanging there for everyone to see.

a few of the tins in my small collection

Filling out the form isn't very hard, mainly just ticking boxes, name and address etc  but I struggle with finding the words (no more than 40 of them) to describe my quilts which is why I keep putting off completing the form each year.

I won't be posting any photos of the completed quilts I am entering this year (although photos of them may or may not have appeared on the blog previously) as we have been informed that it is preferred that photos of quilts are not published prior to the show.

* think deeply about something

3 comments:

  1. I'm not brave enough to have a quilt in the show, but I look forward to seeing yours
    Robyn
    Craigburn Farm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck cogitating and well done you for entering; you're so right, we all love to look but too often don't enter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also a lover of small tins and containers. You can never have too many!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)