Tuesday, 26 August 2014

A parcel

Last week a small parcel arrived in the mail, it was from L'uccello, a haberdashery and fancy goods store in Melbourne, who also stock a small range of quilting fabric (including Liberty fabrics) and other interesting bits and pieces.  I have yet to visit the bricks and mortar shop but it is on the top of my list when I get to visit Melbourne again, I've read several good reports on it from several bloggers.



The parcel arrived in the usual Australia Post envelope and inside was a little parcel tied with string and an envelope.  As I wished to save the envelope,  I opened it carefully and discovered that it was actually a piece of paper that had been folded into an envelope.  My order of course was in the nicely wrapped parcel,


Nothing very much, just some buttons for using on a bag I am part way through constructing, Liberty bias binding to pretty up a summer top and a small tin of soap, which I bought because I liked the tin. (I'm a bit of a sucker for a nice tin and I seem to have a small collection now)

3 comments:

  1. I've been there twice now it is a little treasure of a shop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just love opening par els that come in the mail? Thank goodness for online shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta love anything from l'uccello! Just wait until you visit in person!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)