Thursday, 15 May 2014

Thursday Stitchers

Whoops, May is half over, I've neglected my blog and thought my sewjo was lost, although I think I've found it now  :)

Today was my turn to host our fortnightly Thursday get together, the weather has been glorious this last week so it was very pleasant to sit out the back, stitch up a storm and have a nice chat.


Sheila was working on her Stars and Sprigs blocks, Chris worked on her Rosings quilt which she started at the class in Victor Harbor and I pieced blocks for my Museum Medallion quilt, we were all surprised by how much we each achieved over the day.

Mandarin Muffin and Spicy Apple, Aniseed and Hazelnut tea bread


As is usual we ate very well: *Spicy Apple, aniseed and hazelnut tea bread for morning tea, Spiced Roast Vegetable and Chickpea pie with salad and homemade labne for lunch and for afternoon tea we had some lovely Mandarin Muffins which Sheila had made with mandarins from her tree. I was very remiss in taking any food photos so the one above is one I set up especially.

*recipe for the tea bread can be found in Belinda Jeffery's book Mix and Bake

5 comments:

  1. What a great photo! Love seeing other Stitcher's bits and pieces!...and the cake looks amazing. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sometimes spending the day with other quilters can get the sewing mojo back

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful day, thank you . The cake was amazing , but i am definitely going to make that pie.. and the Labne, i could eat it every day

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always fun to stitch, chat (and eat!) with friends. Looks like a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely way to spend a day. Did Cody "help"?

    Here Megs has settled in well, despite our diferrences of opinion over my knitting!

    Michelle xxx with head butt-purrrrr-head butt from Ms Meggles

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)