It was made as a gift for my mother on her birthday, a Carpenter's Wheel seemed appropriate as my father is a carpenter. I think I saw a photo of the block somewhere but there were no sizes, so I drafted out the three templates required, cut them from cardboard, traced around them, then cut all the blocks out with scissors (I didn't have a rotary cutter back then). It was all hand stitched, although I did use the machine to put the binding on, then hand stitched it in place.
When I took it down to take the photo, I had a bit of a closer look at it and was quite surprised that the star points all matched up. You can see the quilting that I did on it, very, very basic, I made a plastic flower shape with a circle cut out for the middle, which I traced around and then joined the petals to the centre circle, hence it's unevenness.
In the photo below, you can see how the fabric has faded over the years, the print fabric on the front was used as the backing and binding fabric. One thing I do remember was the limited fabric choice back then, I used the brown colours because I wanted it to have the look of marquetry.