Tuesday, 15 April 2014

Total lunar eclipse



As the sun was setting the Mister and I drove up our street to the top of the ridge to watch the total lunar eclipse.  The eclipsed moon was rising just as the sun set, and at first there was very little to see but then the merest sliver of moon became visible as the eclipsed moon slowly climbed into the evening sky.


There were quite a few other people who had also decided that the ridge line where we were was the best place to view the eclipse.  It was windy and cold and we hadn't really dressed for that so the Mister and I were both feeling the cold while we were standing around waiting for the moon to do it's thing.

We didn't stay for the end of the eclipse preferring instead to drive home and watch the moon from the relative comfort of the garage with our hands wrapped round a hot cup of tea.



6 comments:

  1. oh I didn't get to see that much as we had some cloud but we got to see a little of a copper moon..............

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poop I missed it haven't watched the news in weeks so was not up with this happening. Great photo's

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot! So thanks for posting those pics! I really wanted to get my behind outside to try and see it, too! Lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I watched for a while about the same stage as this.. but it was dinner time , so at my next view it was almost over and a there was a full moon with just a tiny bite out of it, so i missed all the rosy colouring. Apparently there is another in October

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too wet and cloudy here for the sky show .... :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the pics, Pip - I missed it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)