Friday, 4 April 2014

Slow Stitching Thursday

Last night was our monthly quilt guild meeting and as usual I had a lovely day beforehand chatting and stitching with Sheila at her house, interspersed with regular breaks to sustain ourselves -  Dutch Ginger Cake and Lunchbox Slice and salad. We also found time to slip down to the local  LQS (The Mallee Tree) to check out some fabric and I succumbed to the lure of these lovely textiles below, I think they may just work in with the Frame Medallion quilt that is just one of my current projects.


From the left the fabrics are: 
Collection for a Cause Mill Book Series by Howard Marcus,
 the next three are all French General fabrics - 
 La Belle Fleur (border print), and the other two are Chateau Rouge
all manufactured by Moda

Later at the guild meeting I couldn't resist buying this tin, inside is a large pair of scissors, a seam ripper and one of those handy retractable tape measures, how could I not buy it especially as it was a meagre $13.  Really, I only want the tin so the Mister will be the lucky recipient of the scissors as I have plenty of them and this way he will not need to ask to borrow mine :) 


I've also been making a few thread catchers as little gifts, they are quite handy as they fold/roll up nicely and can just be popped in with your sewing kit ready to take along to a sit and sew.

5 comments:

  1. That fabric is gorgeous ~ can't wait to see what you do with it. Do you know who makes the red fabric on the bottom? Would love to see if I can find that locally.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a wonderful day Pip, except for my sewing challenges in the afternoon... glad to say i put nose to the grindstone and conquered the problem. today. Good job you spied that tin first.. i wonder if she has another in the shop... something for next week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. forgot to say let me know if you need more of the FG border stripe

      Delete
    2. PPS , how rude of me , i forgot to say again how much i love my thread catcher, it has already been put to much use.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)