Sunday, 13 April 2014

A slow stitching day

Earlier this week I enjoyed a nice slow day, stitching and chatting with a couple of quilting friends.   Cody also enjoyed himself, taking his ease on one of Chris's quilts that she had brought along for a show and tell, a quite lovely quilt inspired by the Sarah Evans applique quilt.


The flying geese are still breeding and they're getting bigger, I made migrating geese using an excellent tutorial by Jane Weston of Sew Create It.  I like the negative space created by this style of geese and I will be making more of this size as they don't take too long to make and even better they have almost doubled the amount of area I had previously.


and another gratuitious cat on a quilt photo.


4 comments:

  1. oh but he is so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was amazing... he was nowhere in sight ...until the quilt went down. He has good taste , Chris' quilt was really beautiful. I am amazed at how well those different breeds of geese are flying together

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your migrating geese!! They look fab!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice day. Love the migrating geese!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)