Monday, 24 March 2014

Scallops

I'm still somewhat in finishitis mode, so yesterday the box that this project was stored in received a bit of an airing.  All that needed to be done to move this closer to the finish line was to applique the side scallops on to the border, I did a few yesterday and finished off the remainder while I was skyping with my mother this afternoon.


My original plan was to use the same lighter blue in the corners and to applique a pink circle in each corner, but once I put it up on the design wall I didn't like that idea so decided to use the same dark blue that I used on the first border.

The Mister likes it so far and thinks I should make it large enough for a bed, I am undecided as I'm still thinking about the next round.  I might do flying geese, I just need to do the sums and see if they will fit.  As for colours and fabrics, I think I will stay with the reproduction type fabrics and use blues, creams and browns, with maybe a bit of pink or red thrown into the mix as well.

9 comments:

  1. Ahhh... I link into Pandora's Box once more... and always : a beautiful surprise pops out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was only thinking about this panel the other day, and wondering what had happened to it. Glad it is getting an airing. I sometimes forget about the Math that should be done before deciding on subsequent borders... I am gradually learning it's better to do it prior to finishing the previous one. I guess thats why medallion quilts almost always have spacers and peepers between each round, all finishing at slightly different measurements. Hope your Mum is Okay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pip, what a beautiful panel you have, I love the scallops, so perfect. The Mister is right it would look great on a bed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. it looks really pretty - I'm sure whatever you decide will look great with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think those scallops are very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the Scallops on your quilt ! Lovely quilt !

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think he's right, it would be lovely as a medallion quilt! Just trying to imagine what you will do next to this just boggles the mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've decided on the next border round but after that who knows :)

      Delete
  8. Beautiful Pip. I agree, it will make a fabulous medallion quilt!

    ReplyDelete