Tuesday, 11 March 2014

Sashing



Trying out these flying geese for the sashings on the Threads of Memory Barbara Brackman BOM star blocks, although there are only 12 blocks to be made, I've learnt that it is never too early to think about sashings, borders and layouts, I need to make a few more as I actually need six geese blocks for each side.

Sheila suggested that I use a Kaffe Fassett Aboriginal Dot as a plain and then make the geese from KF scraps, and as I had plenty of the Taupe (or it could be the Silver) I decided to use that. The sashing layout is Rosemary Youngs very excellent idea, scroll down her blog a little bit to view.


These fabric acquisitions arrived today, Quilthome.com have remnant packs they call Surprise Endings, I hadn't bought any of these before, but I'm quite impressed with the variety and amount of fabric (about 2yds worth) for the price - $9.95. This selection was from the Kaffe Fassett Collective and Brandon Mably ranges,  what appealed to me is that it is a mystery assortment, surprisingly from all the bits of fabric, there is only one or two that I already have, a great way to increase the stash :)

3 comments:

  1. Visiting RINI is always a surprise...love going off at the tangents you suggest.
    The Flying Geese are going to be a perfect addition to frame those blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew it would be fabulous, well done. I have looked at those packs a few times and often wondered whether they would be good value. I am tempted to go and fill a Flat rate envelope with them

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great sashing idea! Love how it's coming together.:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)